Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Political Compass Questionnaire

Read the writing on your political compass here:

http://www.politicalcompass.org/questionnaire


The questionnaire is quite interesting but I think, it falls short on two counts:

1. It primarily deals with the issues faced by Americans. This, in my opinion, limits its universal applicability to an extent. Non-Americans may get a feeling of "home-sickness" while answering the questions. :)

2. It does not provide any "third option" in the answers. I wanted to answer some questions as "Not sure" or "Don't care" but all I could do was disagree or agree to the statement - and regulate the intensity of my dis/agreement. That's definitely an improvement on "either with us or against us" option :) but I'd prefer to have bit more flexibilty in choices.

Anyway, I've been charge-sheeted as "Libertarian Leftist" with the following score:

Economic Left/Right: -5.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.67

Among my fellow inmates are guys like Gandhi, Nelson Mandela and Dalai Lama. :)

No comments: